(Or Why I Love Westerns)
*Quote from The Outlaw Josey Wales, Warner Brothers, 1976
To hop, scroll down or CLICK HERE!
When I was a kid, my mom worked evenings, which is why I spent a lot of time with my dad, an avid tennis player and movie buff. This meant, when the weather turned cold and the tennis nets came down, I got to go to the movies.
And I don’t mean fluffy Disney films either. I mean, real movies. Once Upon a Time in the West, True Grit, Two Mules for Sister Sara, The Shootist, High Plains Drifter, and The Outlaw Josey Wales.
Movies that could put hair on your chest. Even if you were a girl.
It was the 70s, and the great American anti-hero had come into his own. It’s no surprise then that, even at a tender age, I began a lifelong love affair with his rugged Western counterpart—John Wayne at the end of his career and Clint Eastwood in his prime.
BROKEN VOWS is my homage to the Westerns I grew up on.
Tell me about your favorite Western movie, TV show or book. Or for movie trivia folk, below are five of my favorite classic Westerns along with quotes. Match ‘em up! (Try to resist googling!)
** REMEMBER: Everyone is invited to comment, but you must leave your email address to qualify for hop prizes.** (See details above. Winner to be announced at 10 p.m. EST on February 26, 2013.)
- “Dear Mary, Mother of God, help this no good atheist to shoot straight.”
- “Don’t tell me how to rob a bank. I know how to rob a bank.”
- “Baby sister, I was born game, and I intend to go out that way.”
- “Get ready, little lady … Hell is coming to breakfast.”
- “Even bad men love their mommas.”
- (A) True Grit
- (B) Two Mules for Sister Sara
- (C) 3:10 to Yuma
- (D) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- (E) The Outlaw Josey Wales
Thanks for stopping by!